Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Blue Shrug

Let me start off by saying that I'm not normally a fan of the shrug. This pattern, however, charmed me by it's cleverness and by the fact that it is not cut high on the back, like most shrugs. I like the longer back. I joined a KAL on Ravelry, which helped me stay very motivated to finish. It was complicated enough to grab my attention, but easy enough to knit away while watching tv with my family. I started and finished this in exactly one month!

For the knitters:

Pattern: Textured Circle Shrug by Stefanie Japel (modified - left out the textured stripes pattern and added ribbing on the sleeves)

Yarn: Berroco Nostalgia in "Lilac"

4 comments:

Lisa P said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! It must feel great to wear something you made yourself! Wear it to church on Sunday so I can see it! kristy

cko said...

Another beautiful original! Love the color and everything about it!

dre b said...

gorgeous! i love it! good call on the longer back. keeps it in style versus trendy.