Tuesday, September 08, 2009

first day of school

Here I sit, all alone for the first time in a long time, with both kids at school. They got off to a good start today: Sally is starting fifth grade, and Sam is in first (that explains the fingers - I don't know what the deal is with Sam's leg - he was pretty happy to be starting school, so maybe that's why he's standing like that).
I took a few pictures on the walk to school, but then stopped because I was obviously an embarrassment to them.
Just one more:
I put my application in for a teaching job, but this is not a good year to be looking for a teaching job. So, with mixed feelings, I applied to be a substitute teacher for the kid's school district. I think I'll get enough work to not be bored, and I can stay home with sick kids if I need to. I'm starting to think that subbing may be the best thing for me right now. I have a few jobs lined up, and hopefully I'll be able to get a few days a week. I'm also doing a few projects that may generate income (more on that later) so subbing gives me a flexible schedule for that. All in all, I'm thankful to be where I am at. (And isn't that the goal anyway?)
Today, though, I'll be doing some cleaning, playing some computer games, and sitting in the quiet house by myself. Can you see my smile over the internet?

2 comments:

cko said...

How wonderful to be in the position you are in. The kids are happy and so are you. You are too valuable to be out of the classroom but important to set the priorities. :-)

Sheila said...

Thanks :) It's always nice to hear that!