Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Knit Coasters

I haven't had much knitting content because I'm working on some gifts and I'm also designing a pattern (hopefully lots more on that later - now I'm in the waiting stage . . .) This is a pattern I adapted from a project in the book Pints and Purls : Portable Projects for the Social Knitter by Karida Collins and Libby Bruce. It's a really cute little book with some fun projects - I found it at the library. I really like the sweaters and the messenger bags.

Anyway, I found a pattern for coasters that look like japanese slippers, but I made mine just plain little squares.
I've been keeping this project in my bag as they are small and quick and perfect for knitting on the go. I put the beads on so I don't have to weave in the ends :) (In this picture, the top coaster is upside down, but I like the angle and the colors, so I am dealing with the fact that it isn't perfect. Embrace the imperfection.)

No comments: