Monday, October 12, 2009

Chocolate Chocolate Banana Muffins

I found this recipe on a blog a few months ago when I was hopping around the internet, and I can't remember where I got it. I just searched for it and I can't find the source, so I'm so sorry to not be able to credit the appropriate person, but I must share because these are YUMMY. My kids don't like coffee flavor, so I left that out and added some whole wheat flour and ground flax meal. Please do not tell my kids! The cocoa powder and banana texture hides the good stuff so well that you don't even know it's there. My batch made a dozen regular size muffins and 16 mini-size muffins.

If this is your recipe or your friend's recipe, please leave me a link to your blog so I can give you credit. And thank you for sharing this with me!


Mocha Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Yield 12 muffins and 8 texas sized muffins
Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour muffin tins

Ingredients:
1/4 cup oil and 1 cup plain applesauce
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3-4 ripe bananas
4 Tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 Tbsp hot water (it's like a syrup)
2-3 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 and 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (for the batter)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (for the tops of the muffins)

Mix everything together. Fill tins 3/4 full and top with chocolate chips. Bake 20-25 minutes (12-15 for mini muffins). Cool. Enjoy.

2 comments:

cko said...

This recipe sounds decadent. Glad there is a bit of flax and ww!

Amber said...

You and Sherry need to put together a "Even YOU can cook this!" cookbook. These sound YUMMY!