Friday, November 27, 2009

Baby Blanket

My cousin Amy and her husband Sal had a baby girl last month. After seeing the pictures of their baby's room on Amy's blog, I set to work on this blanket:I made the center square red since she's a girl. I had decided if the baby was a boy, the middle would have been the blue. I used the numbers of her birthday for the number of stitches and rows. I love geeky math stuff like that. (The colors are a bit off in the pic above - the next two are better - not sure why that happens sometimes.) I keep making these baby blankets and they are fun to knit every time. This is the first one I have done in the concentric square motif, and I'm sold. WAY less ends to weave in, and the mix of thick stripes and the thin cream stripes makes my brain happy.
Log Cabin Baby Blanket, knit in Lion Cotton-Ease Yarn (50% cotton 50% acrylic, machine wash and machine dry) in colors Cherry, Lake, Almond, Lime, and Taupe.
Welcome to the world, baby Mia!

1 comment:

cko said...

So beautiful!