Monday, November 16, 2009

monster cookies

My friend asked for this recipe, and I cannot believe that I have not posted this yet. This is my mom's signature cookie - there is a 95% chance she has a dozen of these in the freezer at any given time. This makes a lot of cookies, so make half or plan to freeze some (or give some away - everyone loves cookies).

When I make them, I use extra m&m's to decorate the top. They look pretty that way, and you can do different colors for the holidays too.


Monster Cookies
Recipe by Sheila at musings of a mommy.blogspot.com
2 sticks of butter
1 lb. brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
6 eggs
2 Tbsp. vanilla
3 cups peanut butter
4 tsp. soda
9 cups quick cooking rolled oats
½ lb. M&M’s
½ lb. chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients. I use a cookie scoop to measure them out on the cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 on greased cookie sheets for 10-15 minutes, or until the edge of one cookie starts to brown just a teeny bit.  These taste better on the under-done side, as they set up as they cool. Makes 6 dozen.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yes, I have some in the freezer right now. They are the best! I often half that recipe and I still have plenty. Love, Mom