Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Overtime

Well, the Olympics is over and I can say this for sure: I didn't miss it this year. I watched a little bit almost every day, and some days I watched a whole lot. I watched almost all of the men's skating, all of the women's skating, and a whole lot of speed skating. I saw skiing and jumping and snowboarding and curling and hockey. Oh, the last hockey game! What a great ending to a great olympics, eh? Congratulations to Canada - it was such a close game, and it really could have gone either way.

My olympics knitting project has gone into overtime as well. Here's me during closing ceremonies:
finishing the second sleeve. (I would have finished if not for a great and long book that I had to read on Saturday. It was so good that I couldn't put it down.) I almost got the sleeve done - I had about six rounds to finish on the day after, and then I started picking up stitches for the button band. I started picking them up, and then stopped for dinner and homework and a little facebook time, then kept going. I went up one side, around the neck, and down the other side. I had to get a multiple of 4 plus 2 for the ribbing to be even, and I finished and counted - and TOTALLY NAILED IT! 254 stitches! I had a 25% chance to get it right, and I got it! Anyways, now I'm knitting the button band and I'm almost half way done with that, and then I'll have a few ends to weave in and I'm finished.

I had the chance to work on the blue glove for an hour last week, so it's close to being finished too.

Hockey has sudden death overtime. I'm giving myself March overtime. (my game = my rules :) ) I know I'll finish the sweater and the glove and the hat, and then I may have to break down and start a new project, because the start-something-new-itis is starting to itch.

2 comments:

Lisa P said...

You are so funny--congrats on nailing the math!

cynko5 said...

So productive. Never doubted your math skills!