Yarn: Lion Wool-Ease in Forest Green Heather
Now for the checklist:
(1) a scarf - finished, sent (& much loved)
(2) a baby blanket - finished, sent
(3) a sweater - finished, sent
(4) a blue glove - also finished! This one was great - I finished it while wearing the first one, out on the cold soccer field at 7:00 pm, and I had about three inches of yarn left at the end. That's close, my friend.
(5) a hat - this is Sam's star wars hat - I've made progress and I'm in the middle of knitting the R2D2's. I'm proctoring an exam tomorrow, so I'm taking this to work on while my student is taking her test.
(6) purple & green gloves - I'm taking them tomorrow too :)
(7) a pair of socks - no chance of finishing them by the end of the month
(8) a tea cozy - ditto
And, because I can't do #5-7 while watching a soccer game, and because the tea cozy uses three balls of yarn at the same time and is a little bulky to carry out to the soccer field along with my purse, the team flag, a blanket (for Sam) and a bag of snacks (Stu was carrying two chairs and a cooler!), I was totally justified in starting a hat. The hat fits in my purse. Totally logical.