Tuesday, April 20, 2010

spring fever

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  I always think of this saying in the spring, when the flowers are blooming and the world is warming up and the weather changes all day every day.  And every spring, I go into a reading frenzy and a start-new-knitting-projects mode.  I am almost powerless to stop it.  Last week, I started a sweater for me and a sweater to give away.  Then I went to the library and got a big stack of books to read.

I do this every spring.  My spring fever symptoms are frequent trips to the library and bags of knitting projects all around the house.

book list:
Saturday by Ian McEwan
Treasure Forest by Cat Bordhi
The Story of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
March by Geraldine Brooks
I Am Rembrandt's Daughter by Lynn Cullen
Jane Austen in Scarsdale by Paula Marantz Cohen
Homer Price by Robert McCloskey
The Vegetarian Family Cookbook
Vegetarian Times
(yikes - that's a lot of books!)

1 comment:

cko said...

Try SAM, BANGS, and MOONSHINE by Eveline Ness, one of my favorites (childrens book)