Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Grey Sweater

I finally finished the grey sweater that I have been knitting for myself.  I've been waiting a long time to make this sweater for me - I've made two other sweaters with this pattern, and it's practically the perfect sweater pattern to knit.  Top down - so you can try it on as you go - very little finishing work - some cables at the bottom to add some shaping and interest so you don't get bored at the end.
It reminds me of a sweater I used to wear.  It was my grandfather's cardigan, and my grandma or my mom gave it to me after he died.  I loved that cardigan.  I wore it so much that it got holes in it and I had to throw it out.  Anyway, this sweater reminds me of that one.  Of course, now it's summer.  But, when fall rolls around, I'll have a nice new sweater to wear.

(I made this for my sister, and hers and mine are different colors, but we have the same button.  Matching buttons!)

My friend took some pics for me with her phone:

For the knitters:
Pattern:  Mr Greenjeans by Amy Swenson from Knitty.com
Yarn:  Lion Wool Ease in Oxford Grey
Needles:  US 8 and US 7

No comments: