Tuesday, August 10, 2010

road trip

The kids and I just got home from a week long road trip. We had lots of fun, but I am very tired of driving and very happy to be back home.

Sally got to spend a week with her grandparents, learning to ride. Here she is brushing the pony she rode all week, Hershey Cocoa.
She also did lots of chores around the ranch, and she had lots of new experiences. While she did have fun, she told me that horses are "not her thing". Whew! We can't really afford to have them be "her thing", so that's not all bad :)

Sam and I drove up to my sister's house for a week. Sam is a great traveler:

My sister has two boys, and they are around the same age as Sam, so they all had a blast. They jumped on the trampoline, worked on their tree house, picked blackberries, played games, did crafts, and other fun boy stuff. Aren't they so cute?

Joy and I talked and played cards and prepared food and tried (in vain) to keep the boys somewhat clean.
It was a fun week.

I also took random pictures of stuff I like:

and did a little reading and knitting:

This is a hard trip because of the long drive, but it's even harder because there are so many people that we know in the area to visit, and we can never seem to fit everyone in to our plans. If we didn't get to see you this time, please know that we miss you (you know who you are!) and hope to see you next time.

No comments: