Thursday, August 19, 2010

works in progress

I have Startitus.  Every time I sit down to knit on the Whisper Cardigan, which is taking forever to knit, I think about knitting other things.  Not actually knitting, just casting on and STARTING other things.  It's crazy.  I started a new project yesterday - a sweater using really big needles instead of the tiny ones I'm using for the Neverending Whisper Cardigan - thinking that the instant gratification will help.  It's not.  I'm already thinking about starting some socks.  The only good thing about that is I've already got the yarn, the pattern, and the needles in a bag ready to go.  I'm starting another hat today too - I've been knitting hats to give as Christmas gifts this year, so if you get a knitted hat from me, act surprised.

Maybe if I make a list of all the projects I have going and post it on the internet, that will help.
1 - Whisper Cardigan - I've knit one arm and the back and am on the second arm.  It's laceweight yarn and is taking forever.  My mom thinks I'm crazy.  My only defense is that 1738 other people have knit one on Ravelry, so I'm not alone.
2 - Beach Glass Cardi - the one I started yesterday.  I'm making up the pattern.  The yarn color is "beach glass".
3 - Hat - finished one on Tuesday and will start another one today
4 - Tea Cozy - ok, this is one I've been at for awhile now.  I shoved it in my car as Just In Case knitting.  Hmm, maybe I'll work on that tomorrow at the beach . . . .
5 - Socks.  Bought the yarn for my birthday a few months ago and haven't started them yet.

So five things isn't so bad.  I can go start that hat because that's a gift.  And the socks because I already have the yarn.  And maybe one more thing, if I use yarn that I already have.

Yep, that should cure me.  For now.

1 comment:

Amber said...

You crack me up. How can you have 5 projects going at once? Maybe the same way I can have 2 or 3 books going at once? :)