Thursday, December 16, 2010

most wonderful time of the year

I'm having a great time, but I'm on the edge.  I am finding space to enjoy the holiday season, but just barely.  My to-do list is verging on ridiculous, my cards might get in the mail this weekend, and the gifts are mostly bought but nothing is wrapped.  On the plus side, we've made three batches of spritz cookies, two of fudge, one of ginger cookies, and a huge batch of pumpkin muffins.  All of this baked goodness has been shared with loved friends and family, and it is all gone.  Today I am baking some more for the next round, and I am going to finish knitting a hat - a crazy last-minute gift decision that has a deadline of (ahem) tomorrow.  That's ok - I started Monday, finished one on Tuesday, started the other one Wednesday, and am over half way done.  It will get done.  I thought I was doing great, then went to pick up the kids from school yesterday and remembered that I forgot to take Sally's flute to school for her and almost burst into tears.  Thankfully, she was in the best mood I've seen in 2010 and forgave me instantly and couldn't figure out why I was so upset.  So Christmas miracles still abound, if you only stop to see them.  Slow down enough to enjoy the season!  It's possible!

No comments: