Sunday, December 19, 2010

scenes of the season

 As I was making ginger cookies last week, I took this picture.  This is my mom's recipe.  When I got married, she gave me a recipe box filled with our family recipes, written in her hand.  It's one of the best gifts ever.
 Here's a couple of close-ups of the tree - new this year
is the red ribbon, picked out by Sam.
Also new are the wee red mittens that I knit up.
Yes, I'm charmed by them.
 My camera is always blurry with no flash, but I like
the way the lights look.  I'll make the picture smaller,
and maybe you won't notice that it's out of focus.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The recipes from my mom in her handwriting are so priceless to me. I plan to copy your idea of photographing the recipe with the ingredients. Such a great extra keepsake.

In fact, I want to do the same with my grandmother's recipe and frame it for my mom.

Love your blog.

Thanks for the inspiration & Merry Christmas!

Janelle