Wednesday, July 06, 2011

My Scones


I like to make scones for my kids on a morning where we don't have a lot going on.  I have two recipes for scones, but neither one was working for me.  I like to make my scones in a glass pie plate and serve them cut into triangle wedges.  I like a wetter dough.  I like butter, but not too much.  I like adding in dried fruit, but my kids like adding in chocolate chips.  I made this recipe to be quick, to fit into a glass pie plate, and to be flexible to be plain or have add-ins.  Enjoy!


My Scones
Recipe by Sheila at musings of a mommy.blogspot.com

2 cups flour
1/4  to  1/3 cup sugar  (I put less in the mix, and sprinkle sugar on the top)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4  tsp salt
1/2 cup (one stick) butter
1 egg
1/2  cup milk
add-ins, optional (dried cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, etc.)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Mix egg and milk in a small bowl and set aside.  Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.  Cut in cold butter and mix with a fork or fingers until crumbly.  Add egg/milk all at once and mix.  Add add-ins.  Put into greased glass pie plate and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges start to turn brown.

No comments: