Friday, July 25, 2014

knitting gloves

I wrote a knitting pattern for some fingerless gloves a while back.  I've made several pairs.  It's a pretty quick pattern, and since I usually use Malabrigo yarn (my favorite), it's really good knitting.


However.

I started this pair last year, and got sidetracked.  Last week, I decided to knit the second glove, and something bad happened.

I did not look closely at the first glove, or at my notes.


I added five rounds on the cuff to make it a bit longer.  I figured this out after I knit three rounds wrong, so I ripped those back and fixed it.

I was making excellent progress, until I noticed this.  I added an extra set of pattern rounds before the thumb.


I did not do that to the second glove. (If you look closely, you can see - they are different.)

The second glove is almost done.

Instead of ripping back all those rows, I have decided to knit two more gloves, so I will have two pairs.  One to keep, one to give away.  Luckily, I do have plenty of yarn.  And it's so pretty.


Pattern:  i carry ur heart fingerless gloves
Yarn: Malabrigo Rios ~ Color #870 Candombre

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Sheila! My name is Heather and I wanted to know if you could answer a question I have about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)