Thursday, August 20, 2015

Iced Coffee

Like many people, I saw this recipe for Iced Coffee and had to try it.


Also like most people, I quickly realized that I do not own an 8 quart container, and that I didn't have room in my refrigerator for 8 quarts of cold coffee.

Here's the amounts I used:

1  1/3 cups ground coffee
8 cups water

Most pitchers hold 8 cups, so you will need two - one to steep the coffee, and one to strain the coffee. I used a double layer of cheesecloth to strain.


And yes, it is that good. So easy and so worth it.

Some tips:  I mix the coffee with four cups of water first, then add four more cups of water.  I mix up the coffee before bedtime, then it is ready for me in the morning.  After I pour out all the cold brewed coffee, I scoop all the grounds out, then add a bit of fresh water to the pitcher and slowly pour the rest of the grounds out over the strained grounds.  I can usually get another cup of coffee by rinsing the pitcher and letting it slowly strain through the grounds.  This last coffee is a little bit weaker, but still so good.  Seriously good iced coffee.

When you are shopping, buy some more cheesecloth.  Some ground coffee, Extra creamer.  Try out the cold brewed method.

No comments: